So here, I am back to this quizzing domain with this set. I am going to be brief – cause an article is coming soon on my first ever Tata Crucible. Held on a bright spring day at IISER Mohali Campus (I wanted to visit Taj so badly 😦 ) on 18th March, 2017 – this quiz saw some exciting action. I went along with Rajenki Das as my team mate and qualified for the finals directly. Cutting short – We didn’t win but another team from Thapar University comprising of Harjas Singh Bami and Abhisekh Jain were runners up. Yay!
The cutoff for the knockout round (now called Make The Cut) was 14.
I will be uploading the Knockout Round questions shortly.
Winners – University Business School, Chandigarh
Runners Up – Thapar University, Patiala
- Novi Digital Entertainment owns which very popular streaming service in India?
ANSWER – HOTSTAR
- Alexis Ohanian, the co-founder of Reddit is dating which person from the field of sports?
ANSWER – SERENA WILLIAMS
- This is the image of Mr. Pawan Munjal. He has recently been appointed the CEO of which Indian company?
ANSWER – HERO MOTOCORP
- Aptamil is a nutrition brand from which company?
ANSWER – DANONE
- This is an initiative by whom? (Hint – Think very simple. Not complicated)
ANSWER – FORTIS HOSPITALS
- Pampers is brand by which FMCG major?
ANSWER – PROCTOR AND GAMBLE
- A _____ investor is an affluent individual who provides capital for a business startup, usually in exchange for convertible debts or ownership equity.The term originally comes from Broadway theatre, where such persons were referred to as _____ without whom many productions would have shut down.
ANSWER – ANGEL INVESTOR
- These are offerings from which restaurant chain? (Hint – Extremely popular. Has many restaurants around India)
ANSWER – BARBECUE NATION
- This type of loan is a short term loan used until a person or company secures permanent financing or removes an existing obligation. Also known as swing loans, these bridge the gap during times when financing is needed but is not yet available.
ANSWER – BRIDGE LOAN
- Supermarket Grocery Supplies Pvt Ltd is the company behind which grocery delivering startup? (Hint – A famous Bollywood star endorses it. )
ANSWER – BIGBASKET
- Earl Silas _____ lend his name to which company? (Hint – Mothers love it in the kitchens)
ANSWER – TUPPERWARE
- Which Indian state promotes itself as ‘the sweetest state of India’?
ANSWER – WEST BENGAL
- Originally named as California Texas Oil Company, a JV between Texas Company and Standard Oil of California in 1936. What is its present name?
ANSWER – CALTEX
- This is the logo of which Indian group?
ANSWER – RPG GROUP
- Identify the brand from this logo.
ANSWER – BURBERRY
- The Blue Film Festival is promoted by which Indian apparel brand?
ANSWER – SPYKAR JEANS
- Which company recently sold the Satellite Imaging Division of Terra Bella, which includes a group of SkySat Earth imaging satellites, to Planet Labs?
ANSWER – GOOGLE
- Identify the website he created.
ANSWER – WIKIPEDIA (JIMMY WALES)
- Either identify her or the company she heads.
ANSWER – URSULA BURNS / XEROX CORPORATION
- Identify the company from this car.
ANSWER – ROLLS ROYCE
EDIT – I am done with my article. Read it here.